Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Wussification of America

As I get older I see a disturbing trend in myself.  That is to put things in the context of “when I was a kid.”  It’s scary to think that I’ve gotten to the point that every twenty-something swears they will never reach.  Growing up, we all figure we’ll be cooler than the old fogies we see on a daily basis.  And maybe we are.  But that doesn’t stop us from seeing the younger generation in a light that isn’t always flattering.  We (and I use the royal “we” here) are constantly looking back and seeing how the kids we used to be are somehow different, lesser beings than expected.  It’s a tendency that I recognize in myself; but that does not dismiss the fact that I think I’m on the right side of something that, in all likelihood, may not get better any time soon....

This shall be your fountain and repository of things that will probably makes you shake your head and tsk-tsk me.  That doesn't mean I'm not right.  And it doesn't mean you don't agree.  You just won't admit it yet.  So whenever you need a shot of good ol' Ralston-speak, check in and enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, now I am excited about the online commerce in ideas. Until now, it was all lackluster.You have my permission to begin pontificating.

    ReplyDelete